Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Writing exercise- Scene 1?

2:00 am in a cold sweat I woke up next to XXX. Though
I didn't open my eyes, I felt something running down both
sides of my face. With the back of my hand I brushed them away.
Rolling down my cheeks were two solid lines of tears.
Never before and never since have I ever actually woken
myself up from by crying in dead sleep.

I couldn't remember the dream, but the message was clear.
Something very bad was about to happen to someone I cared
very much about. It was like something knelt beside me while
I was sleeping and whispered this into my ear.
It was just so clear that I was looking upon something horrible
but I had no details…none. Because of the intensity of which I
awoke, I assumed it was my mother. I guess premonitions aren't
really spelled out for you, are they?

XXX grunted, as if to say, "What's your problem? Go back
to sleep." Though he annoyingly and unconsciously resisted,
I pried apart his arms and wrapped myself in them. I rested my
head on his chest, tears still falling. His shirt must be soaked by
the time I actually fell back asleep. It was better that way anyhow.
I wouldn't know what to say to him, or how to explain why I woke us
both up crying. I know him; he would have told me I was overreacting.
The next morning when we were both awake I would explain.

No comments:

Free Blog Counter