Saturday, December 24, 2011

Review of the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo-SPOILER ALERT


In my opinion Trent Reznor did a stellar job of the movie score and soundtrack...I can’t wait to download it.  The opening graphics were pretty rad and set up a dark and cryptic lead-in. 

However, the movie didn’t stay true to the book or the Danish version and the character of Lisbeth fell apart towards the end.  I myself was a bit shocked at how Daniel Craig in boxer briefs could seemingly turn even the most flamboyant lesbian straight.  I understand that perhaps the director and producer didn’t think that American audiences could handle the sexuality but really Hollywood...must you basterdize everything?  Is it really any wonder that you are now making Shoots and Ladders into a full-length feature?!

All in all it’s not a bad way to spend three hours, but it is somewhat graphic and not for the faint of heart or the weak of stomach J

Solid B+

No comments:

Free Blog Counter