Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Hallmark Holiday

Yikes!!!! So there are worse things in life then being
single in the city. You would think that dating in a city
of nine million people would be way easier then it is!
Gees, to tell you the truth I've had so many bad
dates I think I could write a book at this point.

One of my More Memorable Dates:

Like a year or two ago I met this guy at a bar.
We had been introduced via email by a mutual acquaintance.
So we met up at a bar down the street. We hadn't been
sitting there more then five minutes before he tells me
that if I'm interested in TV I need to learn how to flirt.
My first thought was-I'm interested in production and
development you dork, I'm not interested in acting!
Second thought- are you joking me? You are an anchor man
for Bloomberg television!!!! People are watching the
stocks on that station, not you! Can we say delusional?

This TV comment was followed by an attempt to impress me,
I think (I'm honestly still deliberating). He started
telling me how he drives a Saturn and how great it is,
and what a hot car it is. Now look, I have nothing against
the Saturn, it's a decent car. However, I wouldn't put it
in the same class as say a Bentley or a Jaguar. I wouldn't
use it as a line to pick up chicks. It actually made me
laugh out loud. Not only am I not impressed with money,
I have my own. PLUS IT'S A SATURN, my ten speed is more
impressive!!!!

Several minutes and two *Cuervo* shots later, I was
still fed up. Beer goggles or not, nothing was saving
this date! Not to mention he was getting pretty touchy
feely...ewww! I excused myself to go to the bathroom and
didn't come back. Rude yes I know, but his behavior was
just obnoxious, misogynistic and nauseating, all at the
same time. That has to be some kind of a record. Sorry
buddy, but there is not enough alcohol in the world to
get me to go home with you!

My Point:

I've never been a big fan of Valentines Day. I don't
think you need one day to show or tell someone you
love them. Shouldn't this be something happening on a
continuous bases? It's my opinion that its really the
small things that count. The day to day stuff, not one
day where you send flowers and candy. At least that
is way it works for me. Happy Valentines day!

2 comments:

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Err...so did you stay home and watch some sappy movie and cry your eyes out...I sure hope not...go find that man!!

Ali Hope said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Free Blog Counter