Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Actions Speak Louder then Words, Are we Really Helping Darfur?

While Bush and Bolton continue to circulate draft resolutions
within the UN, thousands are driven from their homes, raped,
beaten and killed. Bush apparently asked Congress to approve
an additional $225.00 million dollars in aid. At this rate, by the
time it is approved the Janjaweed will have succeeded in destroying
every African-Muslim, man, woman and child. It's a relief that
attention is being brought to the situation but don't rest yet!
The war is far from over.

Bush also pledged to be sending two emergency shipments of food
for the refugees now fleeing Darfur. I understand that in the plight
many of them are running on empty, literally. Many don't have food,
but that somehow seems more attainable then protection. They need
protection and we are not acting fast enough! Can you imagine some
little kid over there, waiting for American Soldiers to swoop in and
save them at the last minute. Well kid, you better pray for a freaking
miracle, sorry but there will be no mercy for you. We are already to
late. We are sending food and not soldiers to supply protection.
Are we expecting the Sudanese refugees to defend themselves
from rebels with a loaf of bread? WTF? I don't understand the hold up.

Where the hell is the disconnect? When there are crimes against
humanity taking place you don't put it to a vote, you help.
I guess the Sudan has now learned what other countries know all
to well. Don't ever rely on someone else to save you. There is no
man in uniform coming to rescue you...save yourself. I will believe
we are helping these people when we stop procrastinating
and F***ing help them. We are already to late to save many, will we
be to late to save any?

2 comments:

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Reading this blog always makes me enjoy my mornings....and it also makes me feel better about myself in my little spot here at work.

Ali Hope said...

Tee hee thanks, I realize I'm a little blunt at times! You should hear me before I have coffee!!

Free Blog Counter