Friday, March 17, 2006

Finally, Some Relief for Darfur

Looks like yesterday around 11:00 am, the questions of
contributing financial aid was voted on.
Thankfully the amendment passed...providing Darfur
with nearly 50 million dollars. Thank God!
While I'm somewhat relieved, I was very disappointed
to find out the amendment pass by 5 VOTES!

Please find the official voting results by clicking here.
I find it very disturbing that so many people
were willing to seal the fate of these people by not
contributing aid! It's humbling to know how
many independent organizations agreed with me and
contributed their own aid. Unbelievable!

I'm kind of torn, I'm so happy that something is finally
being done (without the help of the UN, which I feel is a
farce anyway). It's still very sad to know the margin
by which humanity prevailed.

*Thanks for the tip PHG!*

No comments:

Free Blog Counter