Friday, March 03, 2006

Walking Rage - Get the HELL Out of my Way!

Who are you kidding, you know you have it too!
I'll be the first to admit I have a problem. It's almost like
Jekyll and Hyde. Every day at approximately 5:30,
I turn into an angry speed walker! I'm walking from
East 45th to 8th and 42nd (Port Authority). So please,
get the hell out of my way!

Most of the time I'm rushing to get the bus home and
avoid sitting next to the rotund, smelly, lady who
takes up both her seat and mine. Who, for some
reason, insists on eating pistachios (constantly
elbowing me in the chest while cracking them open)
only to leave the shells all over the floor.

As fascinating as lightbulbs are, perhaps rush hour is
not the best time to take pictures of whatever. Is it to harsh to
suggest that there be some kind of curfew for tourists?

Maybe they should be allowed out between the
hours of 6 am-10 am and 4 pm to 7 pm. Or even
better, how about a tourist lane on the sidewalk,
so the rest of us doing the commuter strut can hustle
back to where ever we have to be, like an hour ago!

1 comment:

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

You have to love the tourists...I don't even feel bad anymore when I walk in front of them taking a picture...here is a real NY'er...now take the picture home to Iowa. Or if they ask you to take that rare family photo in front of times square...take it but cut their heads out of the photo...classic.

Free Blog Counter