Monday, March 06, 2006

Maybe we Should Elect George Clooney in 2008!

So I'm a little annoyed this morning. No, not because Jake Gyllenghall
didn't receive an Oscar for his performance in Broke Back. No,
not because Jon Stewart has refused all my advances!
It is because the current political climate.

This is no bash against Hollywood. In fact I'm proud of Hollywood
lately. This year's nominations point to a new fade in the film
business, that seems to be art imitating life. As much as we
may want to ignore the injustice in the world, some how when
it's up on the big screen, it becomes harder to escape. Go figure!

In any event, I was reading the paper/watching meet the press
(yay for multitasking) on Sunday morning. Generals
and former Vice Presidential candidates argued over the right to
invade another country (for what is essentially a crude black
liquid running through the ground).

I continued reading about the ethnic cleansing going on in the Sudan.
Hundreds of African Muslim men, women and children are being
cleared of the Sudan by Arab Muslims. The Bush administration
acknowledges the genocide, which is taking place near a war which
we are currently a part of, but they do nothing. So I'm just
wondering when Don Cheadle will be staring in his next tear
jerker based on an event that would should and CAN still end.
Sure people will pay attention when HBO makes another
"Sometimes in April."

I'm just so sick of these roundabout answers from politicians.
Once I was done reading about the current atrocities, I returned to
listening to some General avoid the question of whether
or not we are winning the war in Iraq. Talk is cheap!
I'm firm believer in actions speaking louder then words.
Albeit, it would help if Bush could pronounce words correctly,
but I suppose that is neither here nor there. It drives me up
a wall when I hear politicians say well, we have an outline or a
"Plan" to start withdrawing troops from Iraq!

That's great, so let's hear it. I want to know the details! Shit,
you released all the other details of incidents and governments
workings, which essentially helped the enemy! So let's hear it.
I'm sure our enemy will be pleased to know we actually do plan
on evacuating the middle east! This goes back to what I've said before.
The administration is like that guy you date (I know I've dated him)
who makes public his intentions to screw all the women of
New York City and basically posts it on fifty foot high billboard.
Only, to ask you twenty four hours later how you figured out his
scheme. Uh, gee let me think! However, when it comes to
something that is some what inconsequential to the guys on
the other side, we (the American people) still can't get a
straight answer. Is it because we aren't entitled to one?
Or is it just simply the American people can't get a
straight detailed answer because there isn't one?

People are brutally being murdered and treated like
roaches, while we grill politicians for answers they refuse to give.
Why aren't we paying attention to what really matters?
For all those conservatives who are so concerned
with saving the unborn. Well here is a new fight for ya!
Save those who are born, who are young, who are old, who
are suffering and in pain. Save them! Or should we
just make this a job for George Clooney?

*Sorry folks, I realize I need to proof this, but I just wanted to
post before I lost my train of thought*

2 comments:

Joaquin "The Rooster" Ochoa said...

Go watch the cool movie..why we fight...it will make you want to rant a bit more...

Ali Hope said...

Is that possible? Hah!

Free Blog Counter